Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A letter from him

A text message at 2:07 this morning was recieved from Brandon...saying he has sent me an email...here's the email

You broke my heart, after telling me over and over how much you loved me, how I was the first to make you think of the future, how you wished I were the first you had ever met. I fell in love with you, and for the first time, you showed me what true love really was.

So many moments spent in eachother's arms, in eachother's eyes, in eachother's hearts. You treated me like a prince, like the only one you ever cared to be with, only to turn and treat me like I was a plauge that had attached itself to you and refused to leave. You told me I had nothing to worry about. That I was the one you would be there for in the end. That I was best for you, and that I was what you wanted.

We cried together, and then we laughed together. You opened my heart to a love so wonderful and true, with no intentions of ever staying, or meaning the words you spoke. Every word that came from my mouth came from my heart and was meant. Every kiss stopped time, every touch sent chills through me. I would have been there for you through it all. I would have never hurt you. I will still be here for you, even if you arent for me. You once told me you didnt want to hurt me. That it was your worst fear. And then you went and hurt me in the worst possible way you could, making me face my own worst fear.

I want to forgive you, open my arms to you, and still be in your life, but I must let go and see what else lies out there. To find the one who loves me the way I deserve to be loved. The one who loves me as much as I love them. But I refuse to place all my hope into something that is as unlikely as all those words you spoke to me over and over, comforting me.

I will be here if you fall, I will be here if you need me, but I cannot promise that I will be able to give you again what we once shared so beautifully. You will always carry a special place in my heart, even after all the pain, and tears, and hurt. My love wont fade. You are the one who showed me how happy I could be just by knowing a love so pure, and giving it to you. I will wait, but my life wont be on hold.

No comments: