Thursday, October 11, 2007

Some Happy Stories

So I debated about what I was going to share, looking back through the last year at my old blog which had to be moved which you can find located here ( http://www.ufoundme416.livejournal.com/)
I decided that I'm going to share with you some dad stories...

My real dad, is a bit of a jerk. We don't spend much time together, which really to me isn't such a big deal, at least not anymore. I left home the week after I turned 18, I moved in with my friend Monica, her dad and her brothers Sam and Brian.

I had been close with Monica's family for a long time and I really enjoyed being with them, they were like no family I had ever met. They were really open with each other, they were allowed to drink (of course there was a no driving rule) we could have sex in the house (as long as you put the monkey on your door knob) and they talked, really shared things.

I became really close with Monica's dad and her brothers (while actually drifting a little away from Monica). They really became family to me.

Autumn (another close friend of mine) and I skipped school one day, we stayed at the house and slept in. We woke up made a starbucks run and returned home. We found cookie dough in the fridge (which turns out was six months past its expiriation date) and soon became quite sick.

Autumn went home, and I lay on the couch with my bucket wishing I was dead. Sammy made me soup (which for Sam is a big deal, he was only 16 at the time and cooking def wasn't his strong point) dad left work early, he picked me up off the couch and took me upstairs, he let me lay in his bed with him and we had a Gilmore Girls marathon, Dad made me Kool-Aid (no one makes Kool-Aid like dad) and I puked all over him.

My real dad, would have been furious, he would have yelled, screamed, and possibly even have told me to leave. but monica's dad didn't. He got up, picked me up, moved me to my bed, changed the sheets and blankets and hopped in the shower. After his shower he came and got me and moved me back to his bed, restarting Gilmore Girls. I slept there that night, with dad and Echo (the dog)

The next day he skipped work and took me to the doctors, then we came home and laid in bed and watched movies. I slept in his bed again.

Now to you this may sound strange, I slept in some old man's bed, that wasn't my own father. But see that's one of the reason that this is one of my favorite memories, because I think this was the true beginning to our family.

Dad, Sam and Brian may be 3,000 miles away now, but they still call everyday. I know I have an open invitation anytime to come "home". I know that when I need them they are there, I know that Monica (my sister) is only 5 miles away. I know that they would do anything for me (more stories later) they've more than proven that.

I may not have my "real" family, but instead I have something better.

2 comments:

pancho said...

I'm glad you got them, everyone should have a few people who care about us.
well i can't say that in my family we're best friends, but we ain't too bad neither.
Now I've got a shower waiting for me, so bye!

A Pervert Looks at 40 said...

:) It's nice that they've continued to be family.