Friday, July 27, 2007

Tear stained sheets

I woke up around 2am this morning, a half hr before I have to get up for work, to find my pillow soaking wet. I was crying in my sleep again. I wonder how long it will take for this to finally all stop, how long before I'll feel more like me again. It's not fair that I miss you, I don't want to miss you, I don't even want to think about you for the most part, its remarkable how I could be having a perfectly good day, them some small thought of you will come floating back into my mind and how in an instant I could just cry for hrs.

I wonder sometimes if you ever think of me, do you ever pick up the phone to call? Do you ever wonder at night as you lay in bed what I'm doing or what I'm thinking? Do you think back to where things started to go wrong? Do you think about what might have been? Today I was reminded of the night you proposed, and I can't believe how deeply it still hurts. I have never let someone in the way I let you in, and I can't take back what I gave, nor am I sure I'll ever be able to love someone the way that I loved you.

Do you ever wish you could go back?

No comments: