Monday, November 12, 2007

Renee and Kaber

I would soon meet Renee, who was also new to Stevenson; our hate for the school gave us an instant bond. Saying she was different would be an understatement, her bi-sexuality, drug problem, and bad smoking habit set her aside from most of the kids at Stevenson. She however, was exactly what I was looking for. I needed someone not to judge me, but to just accept me for who I was.
As time went on we seemed to be getting closer and closer, it was exciting, I felt like I was finally connecting with someone. She lived down the street from me, so we were able to see each other quite often. She reminded me of myself, we both had been through similar situations.


She introduced me to Alex Kaber, who I ended up having classes with. Kaber made being at Stevenson just a little bit easier. His humor got me through most days, making me laugh enough to forget how horrible this place was. A few months later I would lose touch with Renee, who was too busy with her drug problem to have a life anymore. Kaber would also follow her, leaving me with just Ian again.


*Kaber died last year from a heroin overdose.

No comments: